Relive: Top 10 PSL Goals 2016/17 season
The break in the Absa Premiership season due to the coronavirus pandemic has left South African football supporters craving action.
But while we wait to resume the campaign, it gives us a chance to reflect on the quality of the Premier Soccer League.
SuperSport.com takes fans back to relive the 10 most memorable goals of the 2016/17 season!
10. Evans Rusike (Maritzburg United) v Lamontville Golden Arrows
The Zimbabwe forward is known for his pace that he uses to unlock defences, but this pile-driver from range showed his shooting ability too.
9. Mogakolodi Ngele (BidVest Wits) v Lamontville Golden Arrows
Ngele is a free-kick expert who can knock them in from anywhere, but how about this cracker from 40-yards!
8. Lerato Lamola (Lamontville Golden Arrows) v Chippa United
Another striker who uses his pace to good effect, Lamola races onto the pass and then unleashes a thunderbolt.
7. Siphiwe Tshabalala (Kaizer Chiefs) v Cape Town City
Tshabalala had the top goal in the 2015/16 campaign, and came up with another piece of sublime skill to make the list again for this season.
6. Themba Zwane (Mamelodi Sundowns) v Highlands Park
Zwane has the vision and skill to make something out of nothing and this curling effort showed that goalkeepers always have to be on their toes.
5. Siphiwe Tshabalala (Kaizer Chiefs) v SuperSport United
See goal number 7 on our list and add to it with another superb Tshabalala strike that was similar, but required a bit more quality in what was his 300th appearance for Chiefs.
4. Sipho Jembula (Polokwane City) v Maritzburg United
Jembula showed confidence and skill to take this effort first time and produce a brilliant strike.
3. Kuda Mahachi (Lamontville Golden Arrows) v Baroka FC
A fast break from Golden Arrows was finished with a super strike from the Zimbabwe international that looked to be going wide before it dipped into the goal.
2. Siphiwe Tshabalala (Kaizer Chiefs) v Free State Stars
Guess who is dominating this list. This time it is an unbelievable free-kick from the magic man, Tshabalala.
1. Oscarine Masuluke (Baroka FC) v Orlando Pirates
How ironic that the top strike should be from a goalkeeper, but for drama, technique and confidence, you will go a long way to beat this one, which was nominated for the Fifa Goal of the Year as well!